Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 Color Of The Year

It's that time of the year when everyone starts making the big predictions and claims for what they feel will be the next trend, or the next big thing. Some trends are spot on, while others can be a bit outrageous. On the other hand, there's many people out there who, especially when it comes to their homes, flat out refuse to buy into any sort of trend, and pursue items and accessories that will last them a lifetime. Oh, how we envy those self-assured types. For the rest of us, trend-spotting can be quite the adventure! And there's no greater satisfaction than being the first to spot the latest trend... unless you were the one to actually start the trend, that is.

Recently, Pantone announced its trend color for 2012, and it is: *drum roll*



TANGERINE TANGO!

Do I love the pick?- hell yes! Do I agree that its the color to represent 2012?- not so much. I think it's a bit over-the-top for a common trend color, but, once again, there's nothing quite like raising the bar and being a bit obscene. I see this tomato-red shade working quite well in modernist settings, and am intrigued to see how the traditionalists will embrace it (or, if they will at all).

Back to all that talk of trend spotting: the very first thing that I thought of when I saw the color of the year was Hazel's play kitchen, and how the hue is almost identical! I then remembered waaay back to my first Color of the Week last year, which was also the same tone! I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to call myself a trend setter- but definitely a trend spotter. And now, the pressure is on for me to find and share the next great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment