Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Decorating Faux Pas

Okay, call me satirical, or a critic, or even a grinch, but there is one Christmas decor fad that I simply cannot find permissable. And that is: picture frames, or wall art, wrapped in wrapping paper with a bow, and then hung back on the wall. Even as a child, I've often wondered if these people that commit this atrocity, wake up on Christmas morning, and unwrap their wall-art-gifts, surprised to find the same art that they had wrapped over a month ago. I wonder if these people feel a sense of awe, or incredibly lame- I'm voting for the latter. My deepest Christmas philosphy is that gift wrap belongs on the gifts. And that's it. Merry Christmas.


P.S. I actually do love all things Christmas (well, most of them), and this post is not meant to be a humgbug rant, but rather an SOS call for all those who commit the crime of picture wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment