Friday, September 16, 2011

Color of the Week: Autumn Purple

There was a period of time- maybe for a day or so- when we were going to paint our closet Autumn Purple, rather than Mimosa (a light yellow-green). The things that held us back were: we wanted to make the closet feel as big as possible, and it definitely clashed with the other purples and plums in our room. But, I am itching to paint this color somewhere, on something! And with Fall vastly approaching (in my mind, at least), this color is visual inspiration for the season to come. A smoky purple like this is, in my opinion, the missing link of Fall colors. Sure oranges, yellows, reds, and even greens all come to mind when preparing for the late months of the year- but purple immediately ushers in a certain chill with it. If you've ever seen a purple leaf in Autumn, you know there's a certain other-worldliness about it.

Autumn Purple 2073-20
This is a color that can afford a lot of drama. I would stray from relying on it as an accent, or even feature wall color. I would use it in full force, on all 4 walls (maybe even 5- if the ceiling is high enough). I would love to see it paired with smoky grey tones, pale greens, and maybe even a punch or two of white. I'd like to think of it as a neutral with a kick.


2 comments:

  1. Totally just pinned this. By the way, your blog is being pinned ALL OVER THE PLACE on Pinterest! Be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy!!! I've been trying to get on top of the whole Pinterest thing, but for some reason, whenever I request an invite to join, it denies me... odd. I also randomly am linked to on this page as well:

    http://inthehedge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=recycling&action=display&thread=490&page=1

    It's getting to be quite flattering. Thanks for the heads up! I'm very proud!

    ReplyDelete