Friday, September 30, 2011

Color Of The Week- Bay Leaf

This is one last shout out to green before the October chill hits, and inevitably will shift all greenery into oranges, yellows, and browns. I actually used this color just over a year ago on a piece of furniture, and was, and still am quite fascinated by it. I still have most of a quart left, and am waiting for the perfect project  to bust it out again. Originally, I painted it on a side table for our front door, but it just didn't sit right in that location. Since then, I have re-painted it silver, and have ruined it by over-sanding. And recently, we let go of the side table. However, I wish I had a picture of the Bay Leaf painted table to show off its brilliance.

BAY LEAF, Martha Stewart Living,
This is green is sincerely packed with warmth. While I'm using it to promote the last kick of all things green before the Fall season hits, I truly feel that this is a color that can easily transcend into any season, and into most decor schemes, even though it does pack quite the punch. I love to see this green used on accent pieces- frames, chairs, doors- but cower when I see a room painted this color. This is a color that promotes the mantra of "less is more" and demands the respect to be used strategically in small doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment