Friday, May 20, 2011

Color of the Week: Blueberry


Blueberry 2063-30

Blueberry: The term conjures up so many good tastes and memories. As a child, I worked at my Aunt's blueberry field every summer, and she would often bring me over a jar of homemade blueberry jam, and don't even get me started on those glossy blueberry pies! On an outing to a local plant nursery the other day, Jackie and I discovered a dwarf blueberry bush that came home with us- it was only 5 bucks, how could I resist! The bush is already ripe with buds and I can't wait to harvest some blueberries soon!

This color is a chunk of nostalgia for me. But I think it holds strong presence. It's a blue that you don't see too often right now, but I bet we'll be seeing a lot more of it in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment